Enjoy our Detailed Review of Dating on AshleyMadison.com
AshleyMadison.com was formed for couples seeking discreet extramarital connections, but it has seen an interesting twist to its intention. It’s openness to every sexual orientation has favored it to gain popularity and tons of users all over the world.
Five facts about AshleyMadison.com
- Ashley Madison has new, more sophisticated security features
- The site is specifically for men and women seeking an extra-marital affair
- A few sign-up details are needed so that discretion is entirely possible
- Ashley Madison has a massive and active membership pool
- You can use the site successfully without paying for extra credits
The ethos of AshleyMadison.com is that it is a discreet, safe online space where people can look for an affair without judgement.
The Pros of AshleyMadison.com
- It has a high level of security in comparison to other sites, so bots, scammers, and data breaches aren’t as much of an issue
- Subscription services are useful but not required to enjoy the site
- Women can use all messaging services for free; this may seem unfair, but it means that the balance of male and female members is more even
- There are some fun and helpful features for frequent travelers (so it’s great for people who work away from home)
- It has a snazzy design and is a cinch to navigate
The Cons of AshleyMadison.com
- Some members don’t add a photo or profile info
- There isn’t much scope to add personalization to your profile
- There are no community features
- Ashley Madison doesn’t offer a matching service, so you must set and adjust your search parameters yourself
- To achieve secrecy, having an affair with someone who is close to home but not too close is vital.
- Search based on where you live, where you’re comfortable meeting for a clandestine date, or where you are travelling for business.
- Location searches can be set or adjusted depending on your needs.
These are the activities you can enjoy on AshleyMadison.com:
- searching for suitable and compatible members;
- chat and messaging features;
- send cheeky, attention-seeking winks;
- boost your profile;
- send fun gifts;
- create a list of trusted and favored friends.
Most members are heterosexual men and women, but all genders and sexual orientations are welcomed.
- Signing up is quick, easy, and free
- Basic details are needed with the major focus on your existing relationship and what you’re looking for on the site; we believe it’s to ensure all Ashley Madison members are on the same page
- You’ll need an active and valid email address that will need activation
- Sharing your real name is not needed, a username will suffice
A secure password is needed. Make sure it is memorable. Changes and retrieval of passwords are entirely possible.
Creating a profile
The details needed are taken from the info given at registration:
- Relationship status
- Many Ashley Madison members don’t add a profile picture
- You are encouraged to do so as it will gain you extra ‘Likes’
- There is the opportunity to blur or add masks to your photo to protect privacy; this can be removed when a trusted friend or date requests it
- Searching and browsing member’s profiles is a free service
- You can do a basic search using location and age range
- Drill down into the detail of a person’s profile using the advanced search features; this will create a list of compatible matches
How to send a message:
- Messages on Ashley Madison are sent via email or winks
- Any form of communication is free for women, but men may require site credits
First message tips
- Don’t give away any personal information such as mobile phone numbers, workplaces, or home address to new people
- Be friendly, flirty, and open with when conversing with a potential new date
- Remember that everyone on Ashley Madison is there for the same reason, so there will no judgement or need for explanations
The matching system
One of the downsides of Ashley Madison is that there is no match-making service. Members must do their own searches.
Virtual gifts require credits, but it’s worth it to stand out as an interesting prospect for dates.
- The Ashley Madison app is available to download on IOS and Android
- It’s easy and free to do
- Buying credits for the app done via the App Store and Google Play
- All the features of the desktop site are on the app; if anything, they are easier to use on the app
- It’s a great app for people on the go as the location search services are easy to find and use
- The icon that will sit on your phone screen is discreet and gives no indication of what it is; it can also be easily hidden
- The app design is muted, helps you retain privacy, and is super easy to navigate
- Downloading the app takes up very little space on your phone, so it doesn’t affect the speed or functionality of the rest of your phone
- ‘Favorite Lists’ - easily save the details of your favorite people;
- organize an inbox full of winks and messages with a ‘Quick Reply’ system;
- ‘Winks’ – a fast way to gain the attention of a sexy fella without having to write a message;
- blurring or disguising of profile photos – protect your privacy, only reveal the full picture to trusted members;
- ‘Travelling Man/woman’ – a feature to hook you up with people looking for dates in places you travel to on business.
- 100 Credits: 59.00 USD / Credit: 0.59 USD
- 500 Credits: 169.00 USD/ Credit: 0.34 USD
- 1,000 Credits: 289.00 USD / Credit: 0.29 USD
- ‘Like’ and browse the personal profiles of other members
- Collate a list of your favorite friends so that they are easy to find and get in touch with
- Send ‘winks’ to let sexy fellas and females you’re online and looking to make a quick connection
- Access the advanced search filters
- Use credits to gift funny and cute items to the people who you want to say: ‘I REALLY like you!’ to
- Boost your exposure on the site and highlight both your profile and messages
- Access the emails that other members may have sent to you
- Personalize your messages
- Start chats with new people
You can pay for 1000, 500, or 100 credits at around 0.30p each using PayPal, Direct Debit, and Credit Card. The bill won’t show up as Ashley Madison to retain privacy.
Common questions and their answers
It’s a site that puts like-minded, affair seeking people in touch with each other in a discreet way.
AshleyMadison.com is part of a big group of dating sites.
Yes. It was founded in 2001 as the first of its kind and has an enormous customer base across the world. There were issues with hacking a few years ago, but now security is very high.
It is free to sign up to the dating site, download the app, and use some of the services, including browsing profiles and sending winks.
Credits to access premium features depend on how many you buy. The average is 30p per credit. Each extra feature has a different cost.
Contact the customer service team for details of how to delete your account.
Go to the Subscription section of your account settings and cancel your regular payments.
There are both email and telephone contact information in the FAQ section of the site. The administrative team is based in Canada, so bare any time differences in mind.
Yes. Ashley Madison is a large and busy site that is full of useful privacy and discretion features. It’s an attractive, easy-to-use site with an app that has secrecy in mind. The cost of the premium feature credits is good value.